We’re located on Big Chippewa Point overlooking Chippewa Bay on the St. Lawrence River, in the Township of Hammond in northern New York State. The Thousand Islands region is a scenic part of New York State’s Seaway Trail. This region offers diverse opportunities to experience some of the Empire State’s natural, recreational, historic, and cultural resources. Scroll down this page to see a town-by-town list to the area’s attractions!
To learn about two nearby marinas with boat rentals in the area, click here: Marinas & Boat Rentals
Distances to nearby attractions
|A family of geese ambles down our private road.
We’re quite close to the Canadian border. Remember to bring your PASSPORT if you plan on crossing the border! We’re a short ride to nearby marinas with supplies, fuel, boat rentals, repair, sales and boat launches. We’re a few miles from several state parks, shopping, recreational attractions, galleries, historic sites and museums. We’re a short boat ride to Singer Castle, and a half-hour boat ride to Boldt Castle on Heart Island and many attractions on Wellesley Island. Enjoy some duty-free shopping at the border!
Scroll down this page to see a town-by-town list to the area’s attractions!
|Thousand Islands area in Autumn.
Ogdensburg International Airport: 20 minute drive. Welcomes private flyers to utilize its airport facilities.
Watertown International Airport:
35 minute drive.
Syracuse Hancock International Airport:
Ottawa International Airport: 1.5 hour drive.
Nearest highway: Route 81, 20 minute drive.
Nearest railway stations:
Syracuse, NY, Amtrak station: 100 miles
Brockville VIA station in Brockville, Ontario is served by VIA Rail trains running from Toronto to Ottawa and Montréal. About 45 miles via Ogdensburg to Chippewa Bay. A 15 minute boat ride from Brockville Marina to Chippewa Bay.
Distances by Boat:
Singer Castle: 5 minute boat ride.
|Aerial view of Boldt Castle on Heart Island.
Boldt Castle & Boldt Castle Yacht House on Heart Island: 20 minute boat ride.
Wellesley Island: 25 minute boat ride.
Crossover Island Lighthouse: 10 minute boat ride.
Nearest marinas and boat launches:
Marinas in the 1000 Islands offer fuel, ice, mechanics, boat rentals, houseboats, fishing tackle, boat lifts, charts, maps, docking, ramps, shrink rap, winter storage, groceries.
|Aerial view of Singer Castle on Dark Island.
Blind Bay Marina, 5 min. away. (315) 324-5350 Fishing boats, pontoon & kayak rentals, swimming pool.
Chippewa Bay Store 5 min. away, just off Route 12. Public boat launch, gas, oil, live bait and tackle, groceries, snacks, beverages.
Wright’s Sporting Goods & Marina, Morristown, NY (315) 375-8841 (No boat rental, but they do repairs, sell gas, bait, boating supplies.)
Bonnie Castle Yacht Basin (315) 482-2526
Village of Morristown - Bayside Park: (315) 375-8822
Hutchinson's Boat Works: (315) 482-9931 27 Holland St, Alexandria Bay, NY. Full service marina.
Aqua-Mania (315) 482-4678 Route 12, Alexandria Bay. Pontoon boat rentals.
Brockville City Marina
Other Brockville marinas. Brockville is a lovely historic town with great restaurants and shops.
Bridgeview Restaurant & Marina in Prescott, Canada, 20 minutes by boat.
Please scroll down for listing of local marinas by town.
New York's Seaway Trail Travel Vacation and Recreation Guide
Distances by Land:
Alexandria Bay, Boldt Castle and Singer Castle tours, boat excursions: 15 minutes
|Singer Castle on Dark Island.
Thousand Islands Bridge to Canada from Alexandria Bay/Wellesley Island: 20 minutes
Ogdensburg, NY and the Ogdensburg-Prescott International Bridge to Canada: 20 minutes
Morristown, NY: 15 minutes
Chippewa Bay: 7 minutes
Brockville, Canada: 45 minutes
Kingston, Canada: 1 hour
Ottawa, Canada: 1.5 hours
Montreal, Canada: 3 hours
Toronto, Canada: 4 hours
Albany, NY: 4 hours
Central Park, Manhattan (Metropolitan Museum of Art): 6.25 hours
15 minutes to Jacques Cartier State Park: beach, boat launch sites, boat rentals, tent/trailer sites, dockage, fishing, hunting, nature trail, pavilions, picnic tables, playground, showers.
15 minutes to Kring Point Park: beach, boat launch sites, handicap accessibile cabins, tent/trailer sites, dockage, fishing, hunting, picnic tables, playground, showers.
Clayton Antique Boat Museum: 30 minutes
Alexandria Bay is a very popular town for visitors, offering a diversity of restaurants and breakfast spots, gift shops, antique shops, taverns, island boat tours on the St. Lawrence, Boldt Castle and Singer Castle trips, boat rental, skidoo rental, other recreational vehicle rentals, musical and cultural annual events and festivities, fishing trips, dinner cruises, airplane and helicopter rides over the Islands, horseback riding, go-carts, golf, miniature golf, a marine museum, a physical fitness center, a hospital, tennis courts, caterers. Churches, carwash and mechanics, and duty-free shops at the Canadian border. From Alexandria Bay you can cross a bridge to Canada. Sailing lessons on nearby Wellesley Island. Contact the Alexandria Bay Chamber of Commerce for a complete listing of events and activities, or scroll down to see a listing with links and phone numbers.
Wellesley Island, NY
- 1000 Islands Golf Club, Wellesey Island (315) 482-9454
- 1000 Islands Helicopter Tours (315) 482-4024
- Thousand Island Aviation Services (315) 482-4024
- Thousand Island Bait Store (315) 482-9903
- Alex Bay 500 Go Karts, Route 12 (315) 482-2021
- Alex Bay Boat Tours (888-449-ALEX
- Alexandria Bay Municipal Golf Course
- Aqua-Mania, Inc. (315) 4482-4678
- Bay Drive-In Theater
- Boldt Castle (315) 482-9724
Six-story replica of a Rhineland castle, begun in 1900 by the millionaire proprietor of the world famous Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City, George C. Boldt. Mr. Boldt intended the castle to be a gift for his wife, Louise, but abandoned it after her untimely death.
- Bill Johnston’s Pirates Days
- 16th Annual Blues In The Bay Festival, September 1–5, 2016
- Roaring 20s Weekend
- Annual Vintage Boat Show
- Bonnie Castle Greens, Mini-Golf, Route 12 (315) 482-5128
- Bonnie Castle Yacht Basin (315) 482-2526, 1-800-955-4511
- Champagne Balloon Adventures (315) 482-9356
- Concert In The Park, Wednesdays all summer. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy the music.
- Dingman Point River Artists Open Studio Tour
- Empire Boat Lines (315) 482-8687
- Grass Point State Park (315) 686-4472
- Horizon Marine Sales (315) 482-9956
- Hutchinson’s Boat Works (315) 482-9931
- In Pursuit Fishing Charters (315) 783-7155
- Keewaydin State Parks (315) 482-3331
- Mazeland Gardens and Discovery Center (315) 482-5678
Life-sized labyrinths. Hands-on exhibits in the largest North American garden maze. Family-oriented.
- Oktoberfest at Thousand Islands Winery (315) 482-9306
- Singer Castle on Dark Island boat tour
- Sisters Island Lighthouse 12.5 miles northeast of Alexandria Bay
- St. Lawrence Motor Sport Park
- St. Lawrence River Rustic Show - From the Mountain and River (315) 628-5868
- Uncle Sam Boat Tours (800) ALEXBAY or (315) 482-2611
Mary Island, NY
Black Lake, NY
- Wellesley Island State Park (315) 482-2722, (800) 456-2267
- Thousand Islands Park, a historic Victorian town with architecture in various prominent styles of the 19th century: Queen Anne, Eastlake, Stick style, Shingle style and later Bungalow.
- Dewolf Point State Park - Open May to mid-September, the park offers a gazebo, a boat launch and docks, cabins, fishing, picnic tables, and a campground.
- Wellesley Island Building Supply 315-482-6600
- 1000 Islands International Bridge (800) 8-ISLAND
- Wellesey Island Golf Course (315) 482-6635
- Lake of the Isles Golf Club, Wellesley Island (315) 482-6608
- Wellesley Island State Park Golf Course (315) 482-9622
- Wellesley Island State Park’s Minna Anthony Common Nature Center and Museum (315) 482-2722
Cape Vincent, NY
- Automotion: Brockville's Riverfront Carshow
Blockhouse Island and Market Street West. (613) 260-5808
Over 450 cars showcased, from Model T's to the Fast and Furious.
- Bridgeview Restaurant & Marina (613) 925-2974
- Brockville's annual events and celebrations
- Download the 2016 Brockville & 1000 Islands Vistor Guide (613) 342-3462
- Gilbert Marine Ltd. (613) 342-3462
- 1000 Islands & Seaway Cruises (613) 345-7333 or Toll Free 1-800-353-3157
- Brockville Arts Centre Theatre (613) 342-9009
- Excel Marine Ltd (613) 345-2700
- Annual Horse A Rama
Elizabethtown Fairgrounds, North Augusta Road, North of Brockville (613) 498-3925
Food vendors, live entertainment, fun for all! Saturday: Heavy/Commercial Horse Show, Western games Sunday: Pleasure Class Horse Show and Western Games. Free Admission.
- Upper Canada Village, historic village about an hour northwest of the Thousand Isalnds Bridge
Chippewa Bay, NY
- Autos on the River(315) 654-3450
Categories include pre 1950, 1950-59, 1960-69, 1970-79, 1980-89, 1990-present, Street Rod and Truck.
- Horne’s Ferry to Wolfe Island, Ontario (613) 385-2402
- Tibbetts Point Lighthouse (315) 654-3450
- St. Lawrence County Angler’s Guide
- Chippewa Bay Boat Launch: GPS Readings -> Lat - N 44* 26' 50.0", Long - W 75* 45' 77.1"
- Schermerhorn Point Boat Launch: Lat - N 44* 24' 63.7", Long - W 75* 47' 24.0"
- Ironsides Island, locale for a breeding colony of Great Blue Herons, was designated a Natural National Landmark in 1967. Prior permission from the Nature Conservancy is required to land on the island, but it can easily be viewed from the water.
- Cedar Island State Park Cedar Island State Park takes up half of Cedar island. The park is enjoyed by people who appreciate quiet boating, fishing, and beautiful scenery. The park's campsites are lightly-wooded, with a day-use area and picnic pavilion nearby.
Collins Landing, NY
Fishers Landing, NY
- 48th Annual Decoy/Wildlife Art & Sporting Collectibles Show. Friday, July 15, 2016, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., and Saturday, July 16, 2016, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Cerow Recreation Park Arena
- 52nd Annual Antique Boat Show & Auction: August 5 – August 7, 2016. Antique Boat Museum, 750 Mary Street (315) 686-4104 The oldest continuous antique boat show in the world. See the 125 boats plus varied motors and engines entered by exhibitors from all over the world. Bid on an antique boat at the Saturday auction. Walk amidst the Museum's 200 antique boats.
- 30th 1000 Islands Model Train Fair (315) 788-5372
- The Great New York State Food & Wine Festival (315) 686-3771, 1 (800) 252-9806
A New York State product showcase of quality candy, cheeses, nuts, sauces, herbs, spices, maple syrup, apple cider, cookies, ice cream and wines.
- Thousand Islands Fishing Charters
- Thousand Island Dive Excursions
- Thousand Islands Museum
- Antique Boat Museum (315) 686-4104
- Clayton Country Club
- Clayton Marina
- C-Way Golf
- L A Golf Club
- The Thousand Islands Arts Center & Handweaving Museum
- Porch & Paddle
- Remar Boat/Houseboat Rentals (315) 686-3579
- Don’s Prop Shop
- French Bay Marina (315) 686-5574
- Canoe-Picnic Point State Park (315) 654-2522
- T I Adventure (315) 686-2500
- Gananoque’s Festival of the Islands (613) 382-1562
- 1000 Islands Kayaking Company (613) 329-6265
- Gananoque Boat Lines (613) 382-2146
- Clark’s Marina (613) 382-0016
- Spencer’s Boat Rentals (613) 382-4289
- Hammond Museum (315) 324-6628
- A&J Riding Stables (315) 324-6042 Prior riding experience not needed. May - October.
Hull Island, Canada
- Deerfield Country Club (315) 344-1267
Kingston, Canada 1.5 hours southwest of the Thousand Islands Bridge, summer farmer’s market in the center of town, lots of antique shops, beautiful architecture and good restaurants.
- Duty Free Store Just across the border from Alexandria Bay. Follow I-81 north
- Canadian Information Center
- Can-Am Speedway (315) 658-4431
- 47th Annual Juried Art & Craft Fair, Route 180 at Stone Mills Museum, August 5 & 6, 2016
Juried Crafters, Chicken BBQ. One of the largest crafters' events in the North Country.
Also, Stone Mills Old Farm & Home Days and Chicken BBQ. Gas Engine Show, tractor show and pulls, quilt show, old machinery demo and more.
- Cedar View Golf Course (315) 764-9104
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Locks (315) 764-3213/315-769-2422
- Raymondville Golf and Country Club (315) 769-3759
- Robert Moses State Park (315) 769-8663
- Muskie Magic Charters & Tours (315) 769-7683
Morristown, known as the “Gateway to the Thousand Islands,” is a picturesque historical village with seven buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Sites, a windmill and an original 1824 stone school house. Morristown has a marina, boat sales, rentals and repairs, a museum, library, hardware store, food market, restaurants, churches, a doctor, and an old-fashioned boat tour to Singer Castle.
- McConnell’s Windmill
- Morristown Tour Boat Lines LLC (315) 375-8213
- Red Barn Museum
- River Watch Marina (315) 375-6789
- Wright’s Sporting Goods & Marina (315) 375-8841
Enjoy a visit to the Frederic Remington Art Museum! Kids will love a trip to the large children’s park with wonderful playground and large swimming pool and the a new fantasy playground named “Kids Kingdom.” Ogdensburg also has a 71-slip full service municipal marina marina with new docks, playground, tennis courts, swimming pool and walking trail, the Paterson Street Boat Launch, Richard G. Lockwood Civic Center (a multi-use recreation facility), a state-of-the-art municipal pool, a movie theater, restaurants, a public library, hardware stores, beauty shops, Hackett’s, P & C, Price Chopper, Walmart, gas stations and auto repair shops, a hospital, dentists, a physical fitness center, churches, kennels and pet grooming, caterers. From Ogdensburg you can cross a bridge to Canada. Enjoy browsing the duty-free shop at the Canadian border!
Sacketts Harbor, NY
- Frederic Remington Art Museum (315) 393-2425
- Ogdensburg Greenmarket: Saturdays in Greenbelt Park next to the Edwin L. Dobisky Community Center on Riverside Drive.
- Mare's Wares Pottery, 3938 State Highway 37, Ogdensburg, NY 13669 (315) 375-8214.
- St Lawrence State Park Golf Course, Route 37 (315) 393-2286
- Underwater Discoveries (315) 393-7145
- Ogdensburg official web site
- Sacketts Harbor
- Seaway Trail Discovery Center
- Bedford Creek Golf Course (315) 646-3400
- Old MacDonald’s Children’s Farm, 14369 County Route 145 (North Harbor Rd) (315) 583-5737
- War of 1812 Weekend: Saturday, July 30, until Sunday, July 31, 2016, 9 AM, at Sackets Harbor Battlefield State Historic Site 504 W. Main and Washington Sts. (315) 646-3634
Join in reliving War of 1812 military life at the Sackets Harbor Battlefield's annual War of 1812 living history weekend. Free admission. Living history soldiers, ladies, and settlers camp and relive daily activities of the 1812 era.
To learn more about our location, accommodations, amenities, calendar, rates and reservations, follow these links:
Location | Activities | Accommodations | Amenities | Photos | Calendar | Rates | Reservations | Home
(315) 276-5852 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Chippewa Bay Vacation, P.O. Box 322, Morristown, NY 13664